Billion Genome Project
The Billion Genome Project
- Jong Bhak
Announced: 4th September. 2012.
Billion Genome Project (BGP) is the genome project to sequence and analyze 7 billion people on Earth (i.e., every human being on Earth).
1. Technological advancement: sequencing technology that can do 7 billion people
2. Computing power to analyze 7 billion genomes in one session.
3. Storage space to store 7 billion genomes and their secondary analysis outputs.
4. Bioinformatics algorithms and systems to analyze them.
5. User interface to search and use 7 billion genome sequences and bioinformatic results.
Sub projects of 7 BGP:
Asian Genome Project (on going)
Korean Genome Project (on going)
Home page of Billion Genome Project